Tuesday 23 April 2013

Split my lip :(

Hey Mom :)

 
So jealous of those pictures!! My companion is sitting next to me and he is really jealous too, the game and the beach and the theme parks. So FUN!! I bet you guys had a blast. Great to hear about Taylor's call he's going to do great down there, you'll have to fill me in on the rest, they are coming up pretty quick right? So I don't have a ton of time this week because Elder Bednar is coming soon, I was really hoping I would be able to write you guys after he came and tell you all about it but we got an early email time today. I will have to do that next week. Well first I will start with my stupid story of the week. I sleep on the bottom bunk and I thought it would be funny to kick the bunk above me when Elder Gines was up there just to mess around, but I kicked one of the boards loose and it came down and split my lip open. I didn't need stitches but then just taped it back up. I should have a decent scar by my lip, that was so stupid.  I was angry at myself and the bed for a while. Really the only other thing I have to talk about is going proselytizing ( idk how to spell it ) on Saturday. That was really cool. So we drove out to East Lima in the mountains where all the houses are build like on or into the hills. So we drove out there and then me and my companion Elder Rodriguez got on another bus to go our area. As we are walking to the back of the bus there was a lady who just started breastfeeding, I'm sure that will be the first of many times that happens. My friend said that happened to them while he was teaching the lesson and he just started laughing, I wasn't that bad but it was definitely weird. I wish I could have taken pictures and show you where I was at. We are only allowed to take pictures on p-day until 5 o clock so that's why I don't send to many yet. So I was really nervous going into the day but guess who the first person I talked to was? some little Peruvian man who had worked in Canada for 30 years hearding sheep and he spoke English. That was a big relief and just kind of got the jitters out of the way. Everyone is so nice down here, I think out of the 6 people we talked to only 1 said no. Everyone we talked to was for at least half an hour. We were only out for around 3 hours. I basically just watched my companion do all the work because the people talk a lot faster and don't pronounce or use easy words like our teachers. Rodriguez would just nudge me when he wanted me to bear my testimony, 1 time I even quoted Joseph Smith's first vision in Spanish, that was really cool. Well I gotta write a few more letters before Elder Bednar comes, so I will talk to you guys next week!! Love you mom, love you dad, love you Justin, love you whoever else is reading this :)
 
 

Elder Grigor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment