Sunday, 23 February 2014

A change of heart

Well first I will respond to the questions. My crazy hat I bought here in Uyuni for about 6 dollars, it is super awesome. Yes all the flour came out and I’m good for shirts, I only use 5. I have 9 in my suitcase still. I’m trying to save lots of my shirts and socks so that Justin can use them too, but if I need to I will use them. And I’m feeling better, I kind of got sick gain this week but I slept for 16 hours and now I’m better, I will explain in the email. And scriptures about strength.... off the top of my head I don’t have any but something I was doing when I read the Book of Mormon in the MTC was looking for the phrase " strength from the lord " or phrases similar and I would mark them when I went through reading. There are actually many times when it mentions how or when people received strength from the Lord. One story I really like is in Mosiah 24 around verse 15 when the Lord gives them strength to bear their burdens. I don’t have my scriptures or I would tell you some more I have marked but I’m sure you’ll find lots more. 

Well now for my week. We were in Tupiza last monday for a zone meeting, we played walleyball on p-day and then hiked a big hill to take pictures with the cross. After that we just went and had dinner. When we go there we just get a p-day for the whole day because they never have anything for us to do at night so its like a little vacation. Then that night it started pouring and we got soaked walking to the apartment. They also didn’t have any blankets for us so we took down the curtains and used those so that we could stay just a little bit warm. The next day we had our zone meeting and we were supposed to leave right after but because of the rain our bus got delayed until 9:00pm that night so we basically just had another p-day because there was nothing for us to do there. The zone leaders just let us have a free day because we would be travelling the whole next day on the bus. We couldn’t go straight back to Uyuni so we had to go to Potosi. We got there at 3:00am in the morning and had to sleep in the bus until the next bus came to take us to Uyuni at 9:00am in the morning. Then from Potosi we went to Uyuni and finally arrived at about 12:30pm on Wednesday afternoon. I don’t know what happened but that trip destroyed me and I felt awful. So we went to lunch and I didn’t eat. We went home and I took some Pepto Bismol and slept from about 3:00pm until 7:30am the next morning. After that I felt a lot better. I would have kept sleeping if the other elder’s wouldn’t have come in and woken me up. But now I’m feeling much better, if I keep getting sick I’m going to call Sister Dyer I think to see what I can do. Then the rest of the week went pretty normal. We started working finally on Thursday and then went to Atocha friday night. The whole week just seemed to fly by, it was crazy. This week we should have a full week of work. It’s also transfers next Sunday, one elder should be leaving Uyuni, I’m almost for sure staying with Elder R. but who knows, anything can happen. 

So a cool experience from this week is when we were in Atocha. We went to contact some teenagers who we had talked to the week before but we got to their house and they weren't home. And in this area we didn’t know anyone except for a less active family that did not want to talk to us. We had gone the week before and one of the sons got really mad at us and said that he didn’t want to see us again.  He also said that he was going to work in a small town and we thought he wouldn't be home. My companion suggested that we go visit them and see if they had changed their mind.  We weren’t too worried about the angry son because we thought he wouldn't be home. Well we knocked on the door and the son answered the door, I honestly thought he was going to hit me or something, but we just started talking and he seemed a lot calmer and it was kind of weird. We ended up sharing  a message with him and he seemed kind of interested. We invited him to the meeting the next day but he wasn't sure if he would be able to, but said he would try. Unfortunately he wasn't able to but he wanted to. I honestly don’t know what happened, somehow his heart was changed and he opened up to us and wants us to come back. I really think we were directed to his house so we could experience that. I hope that soon the rest of his family will be able to accept our invitation to come back to church and have a change or heart like their son. I know the lord is preparing and changing the heats of these people, we just need to be in tune with the spirit to know who and when. 

Well that was my week more or less, I hope everything is good at home, 

Love you guys lots,

Elder Grigor

Climbing the hill in Tupiza to see a big cross

Elder Grigor always having fun 

Night time in Tupiza 

Elder Grigor wearing his birthday present

Cool night sky in Tupiza 

Pizza party with the zone in camo pants

Elder Grigor doing service chopping down a tree

Elder Grigor made this- it's called Saltena 

No comments:

Post a Comment