Monday 24 February 2014

No effort is wasted in missionary work

Ok so you know how I said that we had transfers this week and how I thought I was going to be staying here with my companion? Well I was wrong, they called me last night to tell me I’m going back to Cochabamba. I’m going to be in Villa Graciela. And I will also be one of the zone leaders. My new companion is going to be Elder G. from Peru. From what I’ve heard he is just really trunky because he goes home soon so it should be interesting. It was really quite a shock for me, I thought they were joking at first but they were serious. So I have to leave tonight at 10:00pm so I can get to Sucre tomorrow morning for my flight to Cochabamba. I was honestly kind of bummed last night, I really don’t want to leave Uyuni yet and I won’t even have a chance to say goodbye to any of the members in Siete Suyos or Atocha but oh well. It’s for something that I’m being transferred. I didn’t sleep at all last night, I was just worried and anxious, and just so many thoughts were going through my head. I think I finally got to sleep around 4:00am in the morning, not the best night. But I’m excited, it should be a great experience. 

Well my last week with Elder R. was awesome, it’s kind of lame leaving such an awesome companion and I was only with him for 4 weeks. I really wanted to be with him until he finished his mission but oh well. Everything went pretty well and I really enjoyed everything. Probably the best 4 weeks of my mission. But this week was great, a cool experience we had was when we were knocking on a door. We knocked on the door a couple of times but no one answered. We started to head off and then a guy answered the door so we started talking to him and asked if he had ever talked to the missionaries before. He said that he had talked to them about a year ago but they seemed to be in a hurry so they only taught him a little about prayer and then never came back. He said since that day he had prayed morning and night. That was really a huge testimony to me that there is no effort wasted in missionary work. Although we may only share a pamphlet briefly or teach about prayer it can have a huge effect on people and change their life. Now we are teaching him and he is learning really fast and he is really prepared and accepted the invitation for baptism. I am really thankful for the few minutes those missionaries spared to be able to teach a young man about the power of prayer. 

Also this week we made a goal as a district to talk to more people in the street, its something that is hard for us sometimes because its kind of strange but makes all the difference. So we said that whoever won would be able to throw water balloons from the top story of our hotel to the losers for 5 minutes. Unfortunately we lost so today the other Elders are going to be launching water balloons at us. Although we lost I’m still really happy with the results and we talked to way more people than we had in the past weeks. All we need is just a little competition to motivate us I guess. So after we are done here we are going to get water balloons so that we can be pelted with water balloons. Hopefully they put some soap in there too because I haven’t showered yet. That would be like a 2 for 1. Then after that I will probably continue packing and getting ready for our bus trip tonight. Well that was my week more or less.

 Well love you guys lots, I’ll be talking to you soon. 


Elder Grigor

Elder Grigor - love this young man!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment