Monday 11 August 2014

A miracle from the Lord

Hello Family,

Well I have a lot to tell you guys!! I’ll start off with the transfers. Last night they called us to tell us the transfers and surprise I am staying here!!! My new companion is going to be Elder Terceros, I really know nothing about him, when I left Uyuni he went there so I have never met him before. I think he has about a year in the mission, I’m not sure. I hope I am older than him, all of my companions have been older than me age wise so I think it would be fun for once to be older. I will be going to pick him up from the airport tomorrow morning. I think he arrives at about 11 with the rest of the missionaries. Then we will be in a  trio for a little with Elder Campo until he goes and gets his companion on Wednesday. He is going to train so we will have a greenie, that should be fun, maybe we will play a couple of tricks on him to freak him out. It should be a good time. I’m excited for my new companion. I will probably only be with him for 1 transfer and then I will leaving to another area, at least I hope I will be leaving.I’ll be ready for a change in about a month I think. I love the area and the ward but it would be nice to go out and meet new people and a new scenery. 

Well this week we mostly just went around visiting recent converts and members and saying goodbye to people. It was Elder Manayay's last week so that was how we spent it basically with a few fun activities in between. On Wednesday it was Bolivia’s birthday so we had a little party in the chapel where every organization made some typical food from Bolivia and the kids danced and we sang the national anthem so that was fun and then on Saturday we had a talent show. We acted out the story of Abraham and Isaac and the sacrifice but we made it a little bit more funny. We acted out as if the angels would have shown up late and what would have happened. I was one of the angels and brought two irons to revive him. I forget what they are called but it’s those electric things they used to revive people in the movies and all that, I’m sure you know what I mean. It was really funny and everyone enjoyed it. We had lots of fun there!!

Something awesome that happened this week was the baptism of Alejandro. I know that it really was a miracle from the Lord. I will tell you a little bit about his story. About 8 months ago Alejandro was invited to church by his friend and really enjoyed it and wanted to be baptized but his parents wouldn't give him permission because they are from a different religion. But he never gave up on his desires to be baptized. We decided to go visit him a couple of weeks ago to see how he was doing ands he said great because his parents were going to give him permission to be baptized for his birthday on August 3rd. He said that was his birthday wish and what he really wanted so his parents finally gave him their permission. So we prepared him and did everything we could so that he could be baptized on August 9th. After so much time and trying to talk with his parents and get permission he was finally able to make his wish come true. I know the Lord has great power to change the hearts of the people and hopefully through Alejandro we will be able to share the gospel with the rest of his family. 

Well that has basically been my week in short. Everything is going great here and I know I am going to have lots of fun with my new companion. I love you guys so much and I hope you guys have a great week. 


Elder Grigor



Elder Grigor tying a rope to a fence 

Holding on for dear life! 


Elder Grigor celebrating Bolivia Day 

Elder Grigor at the Cochabamba Temple 

Elder Grigor with Alejandro at his baptism 

Two thumbs up from Elder Grigor 

Elder Grigor in the minion suit. Love it! 

Giving a little hug to the minion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment