Tuesday 26 August 2014

We have 2 more baptisms this week


Dear Family, 

I am getting along great with my new companion, at first I wasn’t sure if we were going to get along or not but he is super funny and we’re getting along great. He is really crazy, probably one of the most crazy companions I have ever had but that’s why he is so funny. We are having lots of fun together. 

This week was really fun, we had our leadership conference this Thursday so I got to see all of my mission friends who are in other cities. It was fun to be all together and also just to have a little break from working haha. A little break or change in the schedule is good once in a while. We learned lots in that conference, one of my goals that I have is to be able to talk to more people in the street while going to appointments. Sometimes we are just focused in getting there and forget about all of the people we are walking by every day. After the conference we had like an hour before our dinner and nothing to do so we just decided to go and do some street contacting. So that’s what we did and we were able to talk and help to a lot of people just in that little amount of time. It’s definitely something we need to do more. 

This week has been really good, we have spent most of our time visiting Ivan and Kevin who are going to be baptized this Saturday. Ivan is an investigator that we have had for about 4 months and he is finally getting baptized and Kevin is an investigator that we have had for about 3 weeks. It is quite amazing the difference between the two. One who progressed very slowly and the other who progressed really quickly. This week we also started our intercambios that we will be doing with the whole zone this transfer. I stayed in my area with Elder M. and we had a great day. We had a very successful study and then we worked hard all day Saturday. Although many of our appointments fell through we were able to find a few new people to teach and have quite a few lessons. I love intercambios because they give me the opportunity to learn from new people and to make new friends. Everything went well with Elder M., there are a few little things about obedience that he could improve that I tried to help him with, but other than that everything was great. I really see a lot of potential in him, and I know he can be a great missionary.

Something else we just started is a Spanish test for the North Americans. Before it was only for the latinos who were learning english but now it’s for us too. Every 3 months we have to take an exam about the missionary lessons more or less. It’s kind of cool, there are only 18 missions doing it. We had to do it today for half an hour. It was pretty fun. 

And well now we are off to go eat and go play soccer like always. Thanks for the pictures and the emails, I really enjoyed them.  

Hope you guys have a great week. We will be talking soon. 


Elder Grigor



Elder Grigor playing pool on his p-day 

Elder Grigor- always giving us a great pose! 

Elder Grigor at leadership conference with all his mission buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment