Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Lord works in his own time.

Sup dawgs, 

Well I loved those pictures and the stories about Moroni’s Quest, I would have loved to have been there. I don't know why but I just really love activities like that. When we went out to BC for trek, that was one of my favourite camping experiences. I still remember that, I’m sure that will be the same for all of the youth who participated in that activity.

Well I also had a great week. I watched Elder Manayay go home and then got my new companion, Elder Terceros. He is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia, like my first two companions and he is great. He has 13 months in the mission and he is 25 years old, so I have still never been older than one of my companions. Maybe one day I will be. It should be a fun transfer, I think I will only be with him for a transfer and then I should be going somewhere else but who knows. With the new president things could change, we’ve already been seeing a few little things change so maybe I’ll be here for a little bit longer, but I’m ready for a change. I think after this transfer I will be ready. 

We also got poured on this week, well mostly yesterday, we were going up to villa el mar which is like 30 minutes straight up the mountain and it gets tough at some points. It started to rain a little and we didn’t think anything of it. As we reached the top it got harder and harder and when we got to the house where we had an appointment we got soaked. Luckily they were home and let us in and we had a great lesson and the rain had stopped. Right as we were leaving it started to pour again and we were absolutely soaked and about 45 minutes away from our house. So we just kept working but the other appointment we had fell through so we decided to go home and change so that we wouldn't get sick. Then we went out and finished the day. That is the most wet I have ever been on my whole mission. I wish I would have taken a picture but I forgot. It was a fun time. 

A great experience that we had this week was with Gregoria Meneces. She is the mother of a Andrea, Isabel, Cristian, and Veronice who were baptized about 2 months ago. At first she wasn’t too interested in the message that we had to share with her and tried to avoid us when we came to teach her kids. We invited her to join us and come to church but she always had something else to do. We decided not to persist too much and knew that her time would come and well that time came about 2 weeks ago when she showed up to church. And then did the same yesterday. We were kind of shocked that it had happened so fast. We went to visit her yesterday and she told us a little about her story of the struggles she has had to go through with her husband leaving and having to raise her 5 kids alone. She told us that when we came to teach them that is when her family needed it more than anything. She knows that we were sent from God to help her in the time when she needed it more than anything. She told us that she is ready to make the commitment to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to be an example for her kids. The Lord works in his own way and in his own time, and that is what he did with Gregoria. It honestly happened a lot faster than I thought but I am so glad it happened and that through us we could bring peace and happiness to a family in need. It’s experiences like these that just erase all of the tough times and rejections. 

I hope this week will be just as good as the last and that the Lord will continue to guide and direct us in our path. I love you guys so much and I am so grateful for the great example that you give to me. I couldn't have asked for better parents, you guys are the best. 

Love you so much. 


Elder Grigor




Elder Grigor and his new companion 

Elder Grigor giving the usual thumbs up! 

Elder Grigor and Elder Terceros

No comments:

Post a Comment