Tuesday 14 October 2014

I may get fat here!

Hello Family, 


Well where to start. This week has probably been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Well it wasn't even that bad, but in terms of finding people and teaching lessons it was really hard. The good thing is that I am getting along great with my companion and we aren't really having any problems. I think the hardest part is that we have no idea when anyone is home. We just have a bunch of names and addresses but when we get to the house there isn't anyone there. And even when we make appointments we get there and they are busy or they are leaving and it just frustrates me. There was one day where every single appointment fell through and we didn't teach a single lesson. We probably went to like 20 different houses and walked all over the area and no one was home. We even tried to knock on a couple of doors which I never do and no one wanted to listen or they weren't home. I was just really mad. The good thing is that I was with Elder Tia the whole day so we just talked about basketball and ate ice cream all day. They have a promotion right now that inside the ice cream they have a little sticker and you can win more ice cream or money. I have won like 6 ice creams. I may get fat here.... So that made the day not so bad but I felt really bad for him, I just made him walk all day. 

But we are finding some new investigators and some people who can progress. It was hard this week because we didn't go to church so none of our investigators went either, so it’s hard to tell if they are interested or not. There were elections here yesterday so basically everything was shut down. We couldn't even leave the house so we just took advantage of cleaning and organizing a little. I wanted to take a nap but there were just so many things that I had wanted to do for such a long time and that took like the whole day. Evo Morales won the elections so that’s good I guess. The last time that happened he kicked all of the gringos out but I don’t think that will happen again. 

Today we went out to a place called Yotala. It is like a tiny little town outside of Sucre with like hardly anything except for a little recreation place so we went and played soccer and volleyball and football and had a bbq out there with both zones in Sucre. It turned out really well and it was super cheap. I love prices here. I think it will be weird coming back with you guys because I will be in the mind set of living the whole month on 250 dollars. I could come live like a king down here. 

Well this week should be a lot better. We are going to try some new ideas hopefully on how to find new investigators and use our time more productively. I hope we just don't have the same bad luck as we have been having in these last couple of weeks. 

Well Happy Thanksgiving! I love you guys lots. Eat lots of turkey and gravy for me (I really miss that) Hope you guys have a great week. 

Lots of love

Elder Grigor


I asked Elder Grigor a few questions that he answered in a separate email. Here are the answers: 

To answer your questions:

Sucre is really cool. I am enjoying it. It's a really old city, not too much to do though. At least that I know of. It's really small so I pretty much know my way around now. Whenever I need to get somewhere I just take a taxi because it costs like 50 cents to go anywhere in the city. There is one stake of 8 wards here. Our ward has over 400 members but only 80 people that come to sacrament meeting so we have lots of work to do. On P-days we mostly just play soccer and eat and write home. Today is the first time that I've left the city but we might look for some more cool activities to do. If you hear or see anythng let me know!! And for things to put in a package, I want a cool christmas tie and a Canada tie. I've always wanted to ask for that but I always forget. But nothing too big, I'm fine just having somethign little to open. I loved my presents last year, it was really fun to open. Well that's all I can think of, if I think of anything else I will let you know.

Love you mom 
Elder Grigor 





Elder Grigor in Yotala 

A cute sign on a bus 

Such a beautiful park 

Chilling on P-day! 


Elder Grigor with part of his mission. He is in the third row- blonde guy, blue tie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment