Monday 20 October 2014

I want to finish strong

Hey Fam, 

One week more, one week less. This week went by super fast! It started off pretty good, we were having lots of lessons and finding new people to teach but little by little the week got harder and harder. 

I don’t really know why but this area has just been really hard for us lately. We are trying really hard to find new people and to use our time wisely but we just aren't seeing any results yet. I guess we are just being tested. Like the scriptures say after the trials come the blessings so we are going to keep doing the best we can and try to get better at whatever we may be doing wrong and hopefully we will see some results. I think I just get to hard on myself sometimes thinking that I need to do more. I feel like I am doing all I can but I am just not seeing many results and I feel like I'm not being very useful.  Maybe the results I am looking for are not the ones that the Lord needs at this moment. I just want people to come to church and have tons of people with baptismal dates but its looking like that isn't what the Lord wants at this moment. I am still going to try my best but I guess I just shouldn’t get discouraged when I don’t get the results I want. I guess sometimes we just feel pressured as missionaries because we have to report our numbers. We want to have the best numbers so it proves that we are working hard but when we work hard and have not the best numbers its tough, well at least for me it is. Maybe I shouldn't focus so much on numbers but they are still really important. I guess like everything we just need to find the right balance. Well this is my little rant, this is what I have been thinking over the last couple of days. I am just going to keep working hard and look for the will of the Lord in what we do and just have to be content with it.

We are seeing some progress in a couple of people though. We have an awesome investigator right now and it’s a pretty cool story. We got a referral from a member of a less active family that lived across the street. They hadn’t come to church in a long time and the mom and son had moved to the states to live but they wanted us to stop by and see what we could do. We went and met the daughter and she said that her mom was going to be back in a couple of days for vacation. We went and met with the mom and she told us her story of how she got reactivated while living in Orem, Utah and working in Café Rio. Now she is super excited about going to church and wants her whole family to come especially her daughter who’s name is Claudia. She is our awesome investigator. In the first lesson she told us that she wanted to be baptized and become a member of the church and even asked if there would be a possibility of her teaching in church some day. We were quite shocked, she is probably one of the most ready people I have met on my mission. I can only think of one other and I will tell you about her next. But anyways she is super excited and we are super excited to be teaching her. People like her are my motivation to keep working to find more who are waiting just like she was. Her date is for the 22nd of November so we are preparing her for that day.

So on Sunday I got a super awesome phone call from someone called Lady (the other one who was super prepared ) who I baptized last year. I don’t know if you guys remember but I told the story of how I went on exchanges and she wanted me to baptize her but I had barely even met her. But that happened, and so she called me yesterday saying that she had remembered me all this time and just thanked me for the work that we did and calling to say that she has been active in the church for one year and that she was going to receive her patriarchal blessing in the afternoon. I was quite shocked that she remembered and I still don’t know how she got my phone number but that made me really happy to hear from her and to know her family is doing well. 

Well I have lots of faith that things will get better here in the area, I am doing great. I want to finish out strong so I am going to make sure that I work as hard as I can these last 5 months. Love you guys so much, thanks for all that you guys do for me, have a great week. 


Elder Grigor



Elder Grigor posing with the graffiti walls in Sucre, Bolivia 

Elder Grigor the "white giant" 

Beautiful Artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment