Friday 16 January 2015

By small and simple things

January 5th, 2015 


Hey Fam,

Well we are still living out on the street. The sisters haven’t found a house yet so we are living with the elders in the other ward still which is fine. We have lots of fun there with them.

It was a pretty normal week, we had to go help a couple of people move and bring new things to their houses but it wasn’t as much as we usually have to do. We had a pretty relaxed week which was nice. We were able to get lots of members to come out teaching with us also, we even got to do splits. I think that it was the first time that I did splits on my whole mission with members because they almost never have time. But we are going to start to do it more often now that my companion knows the investigators and the area.

New years was pretty normal, since we were in the other house and in a nicer neighbourhood we couldn’t burn our old things to celebrate New Year’s.  We just hung out in the house and went to sleep like usual. When people asked us how we spent our New Years we just told them that we slept. For some people it was a big deal to stay up and wait for it but it really wasn’t important for us.

This week it rained a lot here in Sucre. We got soaking wet multiple times but it was fun and we learned a little lesson. We were walking in the street and it seemed like no one was home and no one wanted to talk to us. We started complaining a little about how hard it was and how tired we were and they we saw the huge rain clouds coming and we knew it was going to pour so we look for someone to teach so we could go inside but there was on one. When it started to pour we stood beside a house to take shelter. After about 5 minutes a car pulled up and opened up the garage and invited us inside to get out of the rain, we took that as a sign and started to teach. The man who let us in was really thankful and receptive to the message and we were thankful to not be out in the freezing rain. The next day while reading Alma 37 I came across a couple scriptures that I really liked: "6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. 7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." I realized that God sent that rain storm so that we could find a new person to teach and bring the message of salvation to more of his children. I think every day I understand just a little bit better.

Well it was another great week, another great time with my companion and another great week in the mission. I’m not trunky, we are working and that is the way I’m going to end.

Elder Grigor


(P.S. I bought a new memory card but didn’t get it until Sunday because the sisters bought it, so I didn’t take pictures but this week I will next week for sure. )

No comments:

Post a Comment