Monday 26 January 2015

I'm going back to Cochabamba


Elder Grigor has had some challenges sending pictures since the beginning of December. His memory card keeps getting a virus on the computer that he is using down in Sucre. Now that he is going back to Cochabamba we should be able to get some pictures next week. That will be a great day. 

We got this in a separate email from his main one home: 

"So I kind of fixed my whole picture situation and moved all my pictures onto my flash drive and they are all there. The problem now is that somehow my flash got a virus.... There is a member who can fix it for me though. I will stop by tonight. I hate computers down here....."


Here is his email from this week: 

Hello Family, 

Well I am going back to Cochabamba. Honestly I didn’t really want to but I guess it’s for the best. I really just wanted to stay here and have Elder Callahua and just finish out here but I will have a 5th area. I am going to Tiquipaya 1 in the Tiquipaya zone. My companion is going to be Elder Noriega. He is from Texas so I am finally going to have a gringo companion which will be really weird. I will just want to talk to him in English the whole day but I am going to try really hard to speak in Spanish all the time. I think he has about 8 months in the mission. I’ve only talked to him a couple of times when I was in Cochabamba with him. I am just going to be senior companion which I am happy about. I just want to finish my mission peacefully with no responsibility and just be able to work really hard until the end which is what I will be able to do now. I think it will be a great time, me and Elder Callahaua got along great so I hope I get along just as well with Elder Noriega. I leave tomorrow morning to go back to Cochabamba. 

This week was really great with Elder Callahua. We are working really hard and I think that it has really helped the area. We have a couple of people ready to be baptized in February and the zone in general is getting better. We have seen lots of progress in the zone this month especially in having lessons with members. Since the beginning of January as a zone we have had almost 10 lessons with members present every week. I feel really content with the work we have done here and I think it is a little better than when I got here. Every one is working hard and really trying to achieve the goals. I think raising the standards of excellence also really helped and focusing a little more on having more members present. I am really excited to go to a new zone to try and contribute there and help in whatever way that I can, it should be fun. 

Well I don’t have much time because I was looking for pictures and deciding which ones I will use for the final slideshow, I still need to pick like another 10 pictures, I will try to do that next week maybe. Thanks for sending me those.

Well I love you guys lots, 6 more weeks and I should be on my way home, crazy how fast it goes by, this last transfer is going to go by really fast but I am going to try and make the best of it and just take it one day at a time. I finally finished the New Testament and I am about to finish the Book of Mormon. I am going to try and see if I can finish the Doctrine and Covenants so I can be ready to come teach seminary with you soon. 

Love, 

Elder Grigor


No comments:

Post a Comment