Monday 3 June 2013

Sometimes I just have to push through and work a little harder


Dear Mom, Dad and Justin,

So honestly this week was really hard, Tuesday morning was the hardest I’ve had all of my mission. I did not want to get up and work out or do anything. I was listening to music while working out and heard the song “Give it all to Him” from the EFY 2012 CD. I almost started crying actually, it was such a powerful song and I really felt the spirit so strongly. You will have to listen to it to get the full effect. One part says: “I can’t count the blessings that are waiting in the end so I forget myself and give it all to him.” That really changed my mood for the entire week actually and when I was having sad thoughts or missing home or having a tough day I would sing those words in my head and it would become a lot easier. I got sick this week, not a great week actually. So they put me on a white diet. I could only eat rice, potatoes and plain chicken, it actually wasn’t that bad since I like those foods, but I stayed in the apartment all day Friday. But right now I am fine and doing better. I don’t know why I had such a tough week, nothing really went right and it was just so frustrating, of course there were good moments as well but it just seemed like there were so many worse ones. But something I am good at is persevering, I always quote 2 Nephi 31:20 in my mind. I know that I am going to have bad days and I know I am going to have good days, sometimes I just have to push through and work a little harder and be a little better with a smile on my face and let my light shine. I’m glad I have your letters to read every week and give me a little boost for the next week. I love you guys so much and thanks you for everything. And one thing I forgot is that I am so grateful for the letters and packages, I don’t think I said thank you, but they really meant a lot and that was so amazing.

Love, 

Elder Grigor


Here is a link to listen to the song Elder Grigor mentioned in his email. A little warning to any missionary moms that listen to it- grab a bunch of Kleenex!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTybbmO6S4


Elder Grigor in front of the Cochabamba Temple

Elder Grigor outside the Cochabamba Temple

Washing Day. This is where Elder Grigor
washes his clothes. I am sure he is missing
the laundry facilities at the MTC now.


No comments:

Post a Comment