Monday 27 May 2013

My first baptism


Dear Family,
It’s always great to hear from home and read what’s happening. I love getting all the pictures and everything. Crazy that it’s been two month’s already, 1/12 finished the mission. Well, this week was pretty great. We went out as a zone last week and got massive pizzas and they were delicious. I always love p-day. Today we went up to Pairumani Park and played captured the flag and took pictures it was awesome, but my camera died...  I still took lots of pictures though.  I got all of the letters and packages on Tuesday night. I walked into my room and they were all over my bed. That was probably the happiest night of my mission so far. I broke the rules and stayed up pretty late opening them all and reading the letters and everything. It was so great!! On Wednesday we helped a family move their circus. Yes, circus. It took all morning until about 2 in the afternoon. I got so burnt because I forgot to put on sunscreen, I think I sent a picture. That was really interesting. After we loaded everything into the truck we all got on top and rode for like 30 minutes to where they were moving their circus. I had my first baptism this week. Her name is Jeanette and it was so awesome! Elder Valda baptized her and I’m glad because the hot water wasn’t working and the water was ice cold. But I directed the baptism all in Spanish, it was weird but I wasn’t even nervous being in front of lots of people and speaking Spanish, maybe when it’s a different language I don’t get nervous. Anyway, that was really awesome and our next is on June 8th. A lot of dates have fallen through for us. Probably like 10 since I’ve been here, it can be frustrating sometimes. Another big thing is permission; we have 5 investigators who want to be baptized but their parents won’t let them. Sometimes that can feel frustrating, but all I can do is keep trying my best and working hard.

 Love you guys.

Talk to you next week!!!

Elder Grigor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment