Monday 15 July 2013

I have a new outlook on my mission



Well this week was great!!  Paintballing last week was so fun!!! And it was so cheap too, that’s what I love most about Bolivia! Haha just kidding! But it is a great perk. It cost me 5 bucks to go paintballing for an hour, good times, there are some pictures of me at the place and in my sweet outfit with Elder Valda.
 

Let’s see Tuesday, we had a zone meeting, I always love going to those it’s really a strengthening moment for the week, the zone leaders put a goal to have 10 people with baptism dates and 15 new investigators. For some reason this week I was trying harder than before to reach this goal. The last couple weeks I have kind of lost focus a bit on my purpose here and what I’m doing. Just the same routine everyday gets kind of boring and it was just getting to the point where I was just getting up and doing the routine not because I wanted to but because I have to and I just wasn’t really into the work. But this week has just been different, the routine changed up.
 

Wednesday we have splits with other Elders and I went to another area with Elder G. for a day and it was really fun, just getting to know other investigators and other areas it was fun because it was different. Then Wednesday in the morning we went and did immigration in the morning, I went to the hospital to get weighed and they took blood and did a little exam and everything, it wasn’t the funnest thing in the world but it was different. Then we went to the offices for the first time, also not super fun but cool just to know a new place and do something different. Then Friday we did service in the morning and helped an investigator clean up the school that she watches and just helped her out, I love doing service because once again it’s something different.
 

That’s something that I am going to try to change, is try to make every day different and exciting. Change the way we find investigators or what I eat for breakfast, just the little things to kind of spice life up because doing the same thing every day gets a little dull at times. So right now I have kind of a new outlook on the mission and how I am going to approach every day. Also something I’m trying to do is be more competitive with myself, and trying to be better than I was the day before, trying to  improve everyday in my attitude, teaching, confidence, just everything.
 

Oh one more thing that happened this week was that I was asked to talk in church last Sunday.  Saturday night the bishop asked me, and since I’m fluent in Spanish and have so much free time I was super excited to speak (sarcasm). Actually I was kind of frustrated and not in a good mood for about an hour after I was asked, I really don’t know why but I was just overwhelmed and nervous and didn’t think that I could do it. So Sunday morning in personal study I prepared my talk and about half way through I just felt like a calming feeling coming over me and I know that was the Holy Ghost comforting me and letting me know that everything was going to be ok. After that I wasn’t nervous and I was excited to be able to speak to the ward about the atonement and it was just a complete change, I didn’t even really plan anything out, I just decided to use a few scriptures read a quote from the Liahona and then just talk, and that’s what I did. It wasn’t perfect by any means but I am really happy with how it went and that was a big confidence builder for my Spanish and for my fear to speak in front of lots of people. I’ve been getting better at that on my mission and I’ve really been learning a lot.
 

Well that’s been my week pretty much, no new news on any investigators except for Eli, he is going to be baptized this Saturday, everyone else we’re still working with to try and figure some things out, I’ll keep you guys updated.
 

Love you all have a great week and I’ll talk to you soon, 
 

Love, Elder Grigor
 
 
 
Elder Grigor at Extreme Paintball
 
Elder Grigor and Elder Valda going paintballing!
 
Elder Grigor loves buying new shirts!
 
Elder Grigor the "white giant" touching the roof with his head
 
Elder Grigor outside the mission home in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
He said that he really likes the sign
 
Elder Valda and Elder Grigor helping a family.
Elder Grigor kind of looks photo-shopped in this picture.
 Maybe he isn't really in Bolivia! :)
 
Elder Grigor's desk when he is studying.
 
In Elder Grigor's words:
 
"Funny sign that says there is a 1000
Boliviano fine if you dump trash and
if you look on the other side of the
road its practically a dump."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment