Monday 3 March 2014

Back in Cochabamba- nice to be "home"

Hello Family

So I will answer the questions first. 

It is great being back in Cochabamba, it kind of feels like my home and I was away on vacation in Uyuni. I loved Uyuni and I’m kind of sad to be gone but I’m also super excited to be back. I am fairly close to the mission home, probably like 10 minutes away in a taxi. Where I live is called Pacata Baja. It’s kind of behind the christ statue. So we are pretty close to the center of things. My trip to Cochabamba was pretty long. We left Uyuni at 10:00 pm on Monday and got to Sucre at 5:00 am in the morning. Then we slept for a bit and got ready to go to the airport. I think our flight was at 10:00 am in the morning. It was the first time I had flown into Cochabamba in 10 months, it was really cool. And yes this time the missionaries were in the airport waiting for us. There I met my companion Elder G. from Lima, Peru. He has been out for 22 months in the mission and contrary to what I heard he is a great missionary who works hard and isn’t too trunky yet. He thinks he will be leaving this transfer to go "die" in another area but who knows. It’s possible because I have had a ton of companions already. My place is just a small room next to a members house. Well they have a big nice house and beside is our little place. We just have a bathroom and a bedroom basically, I took a few pictures, I will send them in a later email. I wasn’t able to take many pictures because I ran out of room in my card. So I deleted a couple old pictures just so I could take a few. And yes I do have to wash clothes by hand again. 

I do know who Elder H. is, we are from the same group that went into the MTC together. He started here in Villa Graciela and he was in my zone in Alamos for 2 transfers. I’m sure that I sent home pictures with him in it, when all the zone is together I’m sure. I wan’t the first Canadian to go to Bolviia but I was the first Canadian to go directly to the Lima MTC.

Everything is going pretty great here. The area is nice, we’re kind of on the hill, well my area is all hill basically so my calves have been pretty sore this week going up and down hills all day but its great. It’s probably the nicest area that I have been in. There are lots of nice houses and the members are great. They really want to help us in the work. It was kind of hard to do a lot of work this week because of the transfers, and we had to go to the office and then go pay the electricity bill for the zone and just a bunch of things that took our time away but it should get better I think. This week we won’t be working so much. Today and tomorrow is "Carnaval" so after 4:00 pm in the afternoon we have to be in our houses and can’t leave. Then on Wednesday we have a leadership meeting all day. Thursday and Friday we will work I hope, then Saturday we could possibly have a baptism in the morning. Then Stake Conference in the afternoon and another session at night. The stake president asked me and my companion if we could direct the priesthood meeting and center it all on missionary work. So we have 2 hours on Saturday to teach basically. I’m pretty nervous for that but it should turn out pretty well. We have a busy week coming up but it should be fun.

And well that’s was pretty much my week.  Oh and I got the package that you sent. I think it’s the one you sent for my one year so I didn't open it yet. I wanted to ask you first if I could or not haha. Well I hope you have a great week. 

Love you


Elder Grigor



Elder Grigor and his new companion Elder G. 

Elder Grigor's humble abode. 
Love the Canadian Flag. 

Elder Grigor's small bathroom. 
That shower is interesting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment