Monday 30 June 2014

All because of a prompting.

June 23rd 

Hola, 

So I will start off with the bad news, last week I was taking pictures and my camera fell when I was passing it to another elder and may have gotten wrecked. Afterwards it was taking all the pictures really weird and they were all really bright, I don't know why it would be that way but the next day it was totally fine. Sometimes it still takes really white pictures but for the most part it is ok, I was really worried because you guys love pictures but I think it should all be good,

So we had kind of a funny experience this week. At least for me it was funny. It was something that I didn’t think they still did but it reminded me of nacho libre. The part where he goes to the cliff to eat the eagle egg and get power. It wasn’t exactly the same but it was similar. We have an investigator who had just disappeared randomly and she didn’t tell us where she was going. We just found her this week after  dying to find her for two weeks. She told us that she went to La Paz because she wasn’t feeling well. She said she was going crazy and didn’t know what to do so she went up into the mountains with some men.  I guess they soaked her with water.  The way she told us was that they beat her with water and then she felt much better. We are going to try and help her with some of her weird beliefs. 

This week was really good though, me and my comp are working well together and having lots of lessons and finding new people. We baptized all the people that were progressing so now we need to find more. It’s pretty hard because the only people that want to listen to us are teenagers and many times they don’t get permission from their parents. We are going to try really hard to find some families to teach. 

A great experience we had this week was when one of our appointments fell through.  We decided to go look for some contacts that we made and while passing a house my companion felt that we should talk to a family but didn’t tell me so we just kept walking. After about 15 minutes he told me and we went back to look for them, we said hi to the girl and she went and told her mom and the mom yelled "Jose!!!" and then a guy about 20 years old came out and we talked to him. The rest didn’t want to talk to us but this guy Jose had talked to the missionaries about 2 years ago. He went to church and everything but never got baptized. He got a job that made him work on Sunday and never talked to the missionaries again. We talked to him a little and he said he would love to go to church and be baptized but now he can’t because of his job. But he was really happy that we found him. He also told us that his friend who lived next door was a member but inactive also because of his job. So we went and looked for him and just met his little brother who knew all about the church and had a triple combination that he reads but said the missionaries never talked to him. So we were able to find many new people to teach and members to reactivate all for a little prompting. I know the lord helped us find that house and some of his sheep that had been lost. I love the opportunity to act on the promptings of the spirit and know after that it was the will of the lord. I hope that he will continue to trust in me in this great work. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

We had so many great experiences this week and I am loving mission life and I’m happy that I will be in my area for a good while. 

Love you guys, thanks for the letters always. You are the best family I have ever had. 


Elder Grigor


Elder Grigor with his zone before the changes were made




The puppy that Elder Grigor named "Grigor" 

The puppies that were named "Grigor" and "Manayay" 

Elder Grigor the "dog king" 

"What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, 
doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness,
 and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing." 

Elder Grigor posing with the little lamb. 

"The craziness of soccer down here" 

" I dropped my camera and now all my pictures are bright like this" 

Yummy food!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment