Monday 8 September 2014

Climbed a rock wall to find a less active member of the church.

Hello Family, 

Well I don’t really know where to start. This was pretty tough teaching and finding wise but it was fun. I guess I will start with Monday. So for the first time in a long time I went and played basketball on a wooden court. We went out to Quillacollo and played with a couple other gringos and the bishop who does the paperwork for the missionaries. We got like 8 guys out there so it was pretty fun. I was surprised that I could still dunk but I think the net was a little lower than normal but it still felt good. I guess the bishops brother who we were playing with also has a team here and they have a league that they play in. After he came a would have to think about it but I was grateful for the offer. So I basically have a spot on a Bolivian team if I ever wanted to play haha. Then on Tuesday my companion had to go to La Paz to do some visa stuff. He’s not going to his mission anymore but he has to do it anyways. So I was with Elder Thompson for most of the day because his companion went also but he got some intestinal parasites and we had to go to the clinic for most of the day so that was fun. 

Other than that we just worked normally but it was pretty tough. We tried to do some things different. We went up on Thursday to Villa El Mar and decided to contact some people since we hardly ever go there. We took a wrong way so it took a little longer than we thought and had to do a little bit of rock climbing but it was fun. While up there we decided to knock on some doors and while knocking doors found a lady who had talked to some of the first missionaries who made it to Cochabamba. It was about 40 years ago when she went to church and received the lessons but because of work and her kids she stopped investigating but now that we found her again she said that she would come back. She also wants to be baptized, the only problem is that she lives really far from the chapel now but luckily there is a member family who live right around the corner from her so hopefully they will be a big help so they can bring her to church. I also did an exchange with Elder Flamm this week. We had a great time and it was great to be able to get to know him a little bit better. It reminded me of when I was first starting my mission and when I couldn't really speak very well. But he is learning really fast and has a great trainer that is helping him a lot. We had a fun day together.

A funny story that happened this week. We woke up at 6:00am to go play street soccer for an hour in a little field by the house ( I’ll take a picture this week so you know what I am talking about) and when we were coming back we realized that we didn't have the keys. It turns out that we had left them in the house and the only way to get in was through the tiny window in the bathroom so that is what we had to do. My companion somehow magically made it and was able to open the door, the picture of the bathroom that I sent is where he crawled through. I wish I could have taken a picture or a video because it was super funny. I think we learned a little lesson about not leaving things in the house. 

Well right now I think I need to get off. There is a guy behind me playing lots of really good music in english and I am pretty sure it’s new. That is something I didn’t think I would miss as much as a I do. I am excited for music and movies again. But I’ll be fine for 6 more months. 

Well this was basically my week, all is well here. Hope all is well there also. 

Love you guys 



Elder Grigor


Elder Grigor looking so much older in this picture. 

Such a beautiful backdrop. Bolivia is such a pretty place. 

Love that smile! 

The window they had to climb in to get back in their apartment. 

Just a typical goat crossing along the dirt road. 

Elder Grigor and his companion 

"Rock Climbing" to find a less active member in Cochabamba. The things you have to do to be a successful missionary. 

I made it! 

"Gracias" I love my ward. Elder Grigor loved the package he got from our ward here in Okotoks. 

He ate all the candy right away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment