Monday 13 May 2013

Getting accustomed to the culture.

This is a picture of Elder Grigor's shoes. He said that they look 
like this everyday! He also told us that he has to beat his pants 
at night with a stick to get all the dirt and dust off of them.

                                         "It's your road, and yours alone.
                                          Others may walk it with you,
                                          but no one can walk it for you.
Dear Family,
Thanks for the letters. I'm glad that the weather is warming up a bit. It's bad but it actually makes me kind of feel better that you had a tough week mom, because it helps me to know that I'm not the only one. Sometimes I think I'd be totally fine if I was back at home but its tough everywhere. Thanks for the quotes Dad I really love reading them and they are very helpful. So I told you guys lots yesterday but I am going to list a bunch of things I learned this week. 

1. When people want to get rid of something here they burn it. No matter when or where they just make a pile and light it up. 

2. Hand washing clothes sucks!

3. There is no point in cleaning your shoes every night because they are just as dirty the next day. Same goes for pants.

4. No matter how much bug spray you put on, you`ll still wake up with 20 bug bites. 

5. 8 hours of sleep is not enough.

6. Spanish is really hard.

There are many, but I don't have time to write 5 pages haha. I am doing good down here and slowly getting more accustomed to the culture and lifestyle of Bolivia. This week has been a great learning experience for me and I am looking forward to this week.
Love you guys and I'll talk to you next week!!

Elder Grigor
         The first picture was taken when Elder Grigor was still in the Peru MTC.
       Elder Hamblin is serving in Peru. He is a nephew of one of Roger's friends.
Peru MTC: Elder Hamblin & Elder Grigor

    An Elder squished in the bus. Just bodies and luggage!

Elder Grigor's teeny tiny bathroom.
When you turn the shower on it gets
the whole room soaking wet!

Elder Grigor's neat, organized desk- with a sign from
 his brother to remind him how to approach each new day!

Basketball in Bolivia.

Elder Grigor crouching down for the picture.
People call him the white giant.

Doing service in Colcapirhua

There are protests in the streets on a regular basis.
They shoot off flares and gather in large groups.

Elder Grigor's raw hands from hand washing his clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment