Monday 1 December 2014

“ corred de tal manera que lo obtengais”


Hello Family,

Well this week just went flying by, it’s weird how the time never changes but sometimes it just seems like it goes by faster but it’s really not. 

So this week we had our zone conference here, the assistants and the president came down and we had a great time with them, almost the whole day we were in that meeting. There were lots of great messages. The president talked about “sweet repentance.” Basically just how sweet it is to repent and the need we have as missionaries to teach that well to our investigators. I really enjoyed that, then the assistants talked about goal and inspiring people. Like Michael Jordan and George Albert Smith and how they had weaknesses they were able to overcome them with proper goal setting and hard work. At the end all of the missionaries who are going home this transfer (2 weeks) and the ones who are going home in January gave their last testimonies and then I got trunky because the president said we aren’t going to have another conference until February and that is when I will have to give my last testimony before going home. It’s going by fast, that day is going to get here way to fast. Until now I feel very satisfied with my work, I hope I can finish just as strong as I started. 

Well my companion and I have been working really hard lately. I am really happy with what is happening in our area right now. We are finally seeing the fruits of our labor, in these last couple of weeks we have seen many people prepared by the lord and ready to hear the gospel. But like most it’s hard to get them to church. I think that is our biggest struggle right and we are going to see what else we can do to bring investigators to church. But I really do feel like the lord is blessing, we have been praying and trying to find a family to teach and through a member we found out her son was inactive so we went to go visit. He has his wife, 3 kids, and a niece who aren’t members. We went to visit them and they received us well and were really interested in our message about the Book of Mormon. I feel the lord answered our prayers and this family is ready to receive the restored gospel. Our goal is to reactivate the Dad and have him baptize his whole family. That would be the greatest. I’m happy to be here in Sucre and I am loving the mission more than ever. The thoughts of home are slowly creeping in but I’m trying hard to fight them off, I just really want to finish strong. And like Paul says, (I only remember it in Spanish haha) “ corred de tal manera que lo obtengais.”

I love the mission, I love the people, and I love you guys. I can’t wait to talk to you. I haven’t gotten the packages yet but we are going to Cochabamba tomorrow so it should be there. I’ll let you know next week.

Love you Fam. 

Elder Grigor



Elder Grigor- 2 thumbs up! 

Love our "white giant" in Bolivia 

He bought the soccer shoes that he is wearing for $30- he got
 a great deal because no one in Bolivia has size 13 feet. 



"Sassy Selfie" - this coming from the guy who never liked taking
 pictures before his mission. We have loved getting pictures from him
 almost every week his entire mission. The only time he hasn't sent 
pictures is when he can't upload them at an internet cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment